The first meeting of the Rural Municipality council was held in the Lac du Bonnet School House.
Some interesting items from their notes include:
- By-Law 3 - borrow $3,000 to carry on business.
- By-Law 4 - restraining the running-at-large of bulls over six months and colts over nine months of age.
- Motion passed that Andy Kalnin be authorized to inspect and locate a road between the Winnipeg River and Lee River.
- Motion to write the CPR to make arrangements for a crossing and dockage site at the foot of Third Street.
- John Duncan McArthur pays Lac du Bonnet’s first municipal taxes for the brick plant and sawmill to the sum of $709.67.
- Purchase the building and land on Lot # 20 Block # 2 in the Village of Lac du Bonnet for $600 to be used as the Municipal Hall. (Third Street).